I just started a new tutorial about building up a basic passwordless and databaseless auth system to authenticate the connection between a small Elm SPA admin panel and a Phoenix socket. Here is part 1:
Redis Super: Full featured Redis adapter for Elixir based on Redix https://hex.pm/packages/redis_z
- No downgrade from Redix: pipeline concurrency & auto reconnection.
- Parallel connection pooling.
- Sharding support.
- Auto reconnect at Amazon ElastiCache Multi-AZ failover.
Elixir Mix Podcast Episode 6: Elixir and Property-based testing with Vitaly Tatarintsev
Ethereum’s node discovery in Elixir
Small video demonstrating how to use recursion in elixir!
In this post I would share with you some experiences about how to develop a web application that can “simply” scale to a distributed system https://medium.com/@GPad/from-web-application-to-distributed-system-prologue-ee61ce2e992e
Just published the first cut of plymio_vekil.
A vekil is a collection (kv store) that associates proxies with forom.
Vekils implement the vekil protocol and forom implement their protocol.
The package include a couples of concrete vekils and four forom to illustrate. Lots of examples as always.
- Show whether variable/module attribute usage is read or write.
- Find Usage for call definitions (functions and macros).
- Improved element descriptions, so you can tell alias vs defmodule vs decompiled defmodule with Go To Declaration lookup.
- Full Elixir 1.6 grammar change support.
Dbgichunks are decompiled and translated to Elixir from the Erlang Abstract Code.
- Allow zero or more lines after struct name before
- Lazily create editor panels for BEAM Chunks Code, ExDc, and Dbgi tabs.
false:keys in maps/keyword lists.
Distributed transactions are hard and expensive, if you wonder how to pragmatically handle them in a mid-size project— this article is for you. We will discuss how can we use Sagas pattern to run a distributed transaction from Elixir on examples that leverage Sage package. As a bonus, you will see how to use Sagas to organize your domain contexts.
ExVenture is a text-based multiplayer game server.
ExVenture got a lot of cool new features in the last month, distributed mode is slightly more stable, there is a web chat, and a Mudlet package!