ElixirWeekly: The Elixir Community Newsletter, covering community news you easily miss, shared on ElixirStatus and the web, in one email every Thursday.
Do you have a Rails background?
Are you tired of looking at outdated or incomplete tutorials on how to build a JSON API using Elixir and Phoenix?
Then, read on my friend!
What we’ll do:
- Create a new API-only Phoenix application —skip HTML and JS stuff.
- Create a User schema module (model) and hash its password —because storing plain text passwords in the database is just wrong.
- Create a Users endpoint —so you can get a list of, create or delete users!
- CORS configuration —so you can use that frontend of yours that runs on another port / domain.
- Create a Sign in endpoint —using session based authentication.
Read next CouchDBEx release